Do you want to try Gods Unchained, one of the most exciting blockchain-based trading card games? Well, you’ve come to the right place. This quick five-step guide will show you how to create an account, install the game, and take care of all the necessary crypto wallet-related actions. Without any further delays, let’s get to it.
1. Creating An Account
Naturally, the first step is creating an account. All your future NFTs and in-game assets will be linked with your account, and you will use the account for trading, making purchases, and cashing in your rewards. Here’s how to do it.
1. Open your browser of choice and go to the Gods Unchained website. https://godsunchained.com/auth/register
2. Enter your email address and create a password of at least 8 characters long. Be sure to use a valid email. You will be asked to confirm your account later on, and don’t forget to check the Terms and conditions box, either.
3. After filling all the information in, click “next & download.” The game client will start downloading, and you must choose a username, 1 to 16 characters long.
You can change your username later, so don’t fret about choosing the perfect name.
The referral code is optional and must be given to you by a friend already playing the game. Using a referral code, you and your friend will receive bonuses just by playing the game. Enjoy the game with your friends, and don’t miss out on free rewards! Learn all about our exciting referral system here.
4. Check your email account for an email confirmation.
Just click “Confirm Account,” and you’re all set.
2. Installing The Game
Before you start playing, you will need to install and update the game, and if you’re a first-time player, complete the tutorial. Not only will you receive your first card pack, but you will also get a thorough introduction to the core battle mechanics and spells. It will only take a few minutes, so let’s get to it.
1. The initial installation will take literal seconds. Click on the previously downloaded file, currently named something similar to “Gods+unchained+setup,” and press run. When the client loads, just enter your email address and password.
2. After logging in, you may see an “update required” button on the lower left side. You will need to click it before entering any matches.
3. Tutorial time. While optional, we do recommend it for first-timers. Doing the missions right at the beginning is best, as they will help get a general understanding of the game quickly. You’ll be happy you didn’t skip it later. There are several tutorial missions available, with more to come in the future as you unlock them.
Keep in mind that you can always come back to it later on. The tutorial will always be available in the game-mode selection menu.
3. Creating A Wallet
Like every blockchain game, you need a crypto wallet connected to your account. Strictly speaking, you can play the game without it, but you’ll miss out on the most critical part of the game, real ownership of your digital assets.
With no wallet, trading (buying or selling cards) will be impossible in any marketplace. Core gameplay mechanics like Fusing in the Forge, Weekend Ranked events, and Daily Play & Earn will not be accessible.
Let’s be honest here; creating and connecting a wallet will take minimal effort and cost you nothing but a bit of time. Truthfully, without an attached wallet, you will miss out on many fun features, but more importantly, ownership, so we strongly recommend you do not skip this step.
We will now present you with step-by-step guides for creating both of these wallets. Choose whichever one you prefer and just follow the instructions.
Wallet 1: Metamask
1. Open up one of the MetaMask support browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Brave) and go to the MetaMask download page.
2. Click the “install MetaMask” button, adding the extension to your browser of choice.
3. Press the “get started” button, and follow the simple instructions.
4. After a few clicks, you’ll have these 2 options. Choose “Create a wallet.”
5. Time for a password. Now, crypto wallets have 2 different passwords, one created by the user and another generated by the wallet, a secret recovery phrase. It is imperative to save both passwords in a separate document or write them down on paper.
Losing them could mean losing your wallet and all your assets indefinitely.
6. DO NOT share your recovery phrase with anyone. Keep it safe and secure, and you won’t ever have to deal with losing your NFTs.
7. And you’re done. With your wallet created, all you need to do is connect it to Gods Unchained.
Wallet 2: Gamestop
- Open the browser of your choice and proceed to the Gamestop Wallet website.
2. Click the “Download” button, and you will be forwarded to the app store of your browser.
3. Add the Gamestop Wallet extension to your browser.
4. Once the installation is complete, open the extension menu and select the wallet.
5. You will see the option to “Create a new wallet.” Click it.
6. Check the boxes and press “Create my wallet.” Sharing analytics is optional; you do not have to check that box.
7. Next, you will receive the master recovery phrase generated by the wallet. Reveal it and save the password somewhere safe. The master recovery password is the most important piece of data when it comes to crypto wallets.
8. Next, create a password, this time, of your choosing.
9. And you’re done. Your wallet is ready, and all that is left to do is, optionally, to add some funds.
4. Connecting A Wallet To Gods Unchained
Let’s connect the newly created wallet to the game.
1. From the game client, select your profile icon in the upper right corner and click “manage wallet,” or proceed to the Gods Unchained website.
2. Press “Add wallet to GU” and select the wallet you just created.
3. If you’re using MetaMask, select it, and the plugin will automatically come up, asking for your password. Fill it in and press “unlock.”
Metamask will again open up and ask you to “sign” the action. After that, the wallet is connected. All your future NFTs and other assets will automatically be added to your wallet.
If you’re using Gamestop, here are the steps to connect your wallet.
1. From the same menu, select the Gamestop option.
2. On the next menu, press “Next.”
3. If your wallet is new, you will have to “Unlock Immutable X.” Don’t worry; this will only take a second.
4. Select “Get Started” and “Approve” the signature.
5. Next, press “Set up Key.” Approve the signature, and that’s about it.
6. That is all. Your Gamestop wallet is connected!
5. Setting A Default Wallet
Almost done. There is one tiny last step left. You might want to set a default wallet if you have multiple wallets linked to Gods Unchained. Your default wallet will be the one to receive all your assets and rewards. To do this, simply click on the 3 vertical dots on your wallet, and select “set as default.”
And there you have it, a complete guide on getting started with Gods Unchained. We hope this guide has proven worthwhile.
Keep up with new and exciting updates, subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. If you have any questions, feel free to join our Discord, we’re always happy to help.
Now, head to the arena, collect cards and build a deck worthy of challenging the Gods.