Update 0.14 is here and it’s… our largest ever.
A New Client & User Interface
Once upon a time, all player activity (including actions like deckbuilding and matchmaking) were built into the game. This is now history. With this update, we moved nearly all functionality (aside from gameplay) into the Apollo client. Why? Well… simply put it allows us to ship updates much faster while advancing the scope of features we can offer our players.
We’ve also upgraded… pretty much everything.
- We’ve redesigned the entire UI & UX.
- We’ve completely rewritten matchmaking master and zone servers.
- We’ve redefined the communication protocol for all matchmaking.
- Capacity is now projected to be horizontally scalable beyond 10,000+ concurrent players.
- Deckbuilding search options, keyword tooltips, and the ability to delete, clear, or rename decks are missing for now.
- The Arena – Select from three game modes (Quick Draft, Constructed and Solo Constructed), and set up dedicated decks for each of these modes.
- Card Inventory – Includes new filters and ways to view your collection (with more additions planned!)
- Workshop – A new way to create decks, including a new filtering and card organization system to help sort and visualize your collection as you build decks.
- Temple – You can now open packs in the client as they are awarded them through progression.
- News & Updates – Keep up with the latest news from directly within the client.
You’ll need to reinstall Apollo to download the new client, you can do so here:
NOTE: This is an experimental upgrade, so things may break. That said… it excites us, and we hope the feeling is mutual.
Introducing The Progression System
Oh yeah, we’re also rolling out our progression system! The progression system will reward players for earning experience in the game, and will eventually become a core pillar of our play-to-earn system.
- Core cards in player collections have been zeroed, meaning everyone will only start with the Genesis cards they own.
- The first time you log in you will be rewarded 12 Neutral Core Packs, 2 Nature Core Packs, 2 Light Core Packs, and 2 War Core Packs.
- You will earn XP for playing in multiplayer matches which go towards leveling you up.
- Each time you level up you will earn a Core Pack.
- We will likely be resetting progress periodically throughout the beta so we can fix bugs, test features, and change balancing… be prepared!
New Features & Bugs
Cancel Targeting – Cast a spell or aim a god power before changing your mind? Not a problem, you can now right click to cancel targeting!
Bug Fixes – Over 200 issues fixed!
New Cards Added
|Anputian Magus||Fickle Cambion||Staff of Roots|
|Spellbound||Veteran Archer||Antimagic Wards|
|Fertility Idol||Arrow of Rage||Take To The Sky|
|Tyet, Heir To The Sky||Void Flash||Lightbind|
|Dense Fog||Echophon, Atlantean Hydra||Purifying Strike|
|Hooded Doppelganger||Reborn Pharaoh||Peaceful Plea|
|Master of Indulgences||Scales of Justice||Projected Splinters|
|Rune Smuggler||Dimension Door||Forty Days|
Cards Removed (Balancing or Debugging)
|Siren of the Grave||Rampaging Leviathan||Nemris, the Unstable|
|Dire Demilich||Raiding Kraken||Compost Charm|
|Gloam Druid||Take Them All On||Dread Queen Persephone|
|Osiris, the Eternal||Engaged Enchanter||Jason, Medea’s Muse|
|Dire Demilich||Warp Engineer||Lost In The Depths|
|Set Oshi||Fill the Coffers||Exoscout|
|Arcane Transcendent||Assistant Alchemist||Daemonic Offering|
|Shadow Prince||Metamorphosis||Aquatic Torturer|
|Reinforcements||Morgana’s Grimoire||Actuary of War|
|Hotep the Embalmer||Pyrocannon||Ocular Fiend|
|Master of Surprises||Magic Missile Launcher||Outcast Amazon|
|Namebinder Zal’zie||Inconspicuous Carriage||Spelljam Shaman|
|Equinox||Metamancy||Dragon Tooth Warrior|
|Dust to Dust||Dark Knives||Cutthroat Insight|
|Bomb||Viking Longship||Annoying Bureaucrat|
|Wildness||Raise Dead||Switch Duelist|
|Hector, Prince of Troy|
Card Text Changes
Siren of the Grave
* Before – Creatures damaged by this get Burn +1. Afterlife: All other creatures get Sleep. Obliterate a card in your hand at the start of your next turn.
* After – Roar: choose and obliterate a card in your hand. Afterlife: All enemy creatures get sleep.
The Black Argo
* Before – Friendly Olympians have attack +1 and flank.
* After – Roar: all friendly olympians get attack +1 and flank.
* Before – Hidden. At the end of your turn, for each empty mana gem, you have a 20% chance to add an anim to your hand.
* After – Roar: Add an anim to your hand. Whenever you play an anim, add a random anim to your hand.
* Before – Whenever this creature attacks a creature, deal 1 damage to all other creatures.
* After – After this creature attacks a creature, deal 1 damage to all other creatures.
* Before – Roar: Choose a card that costs no more than your total mana gems. Reduce its cost by 2.
* After – Roar: Choose a card that costs no more than your total unlocked mana gems. Reduce its cost by 2.
* Before – At the start of your turn, give a creature burn +4 and remove 1 durability.
* After – At the start of your turn, give burn +4 to the creature with the highest health and remove 1 durability.
* Before – Friendly creatures with 2 attack or less get +1/+1. End of your turn: Durability -1.
* After – At the end of your turn, friendly creatures with 2 or fewer attack get +1/+1. Then lose 1 durability.
* Before – Bladecaster gets +1/+1 whenever it attacks a creature.
* After – Bladecaster gets +1/+1 after it attacks a creature.
* Before – Whenever this creature attacks a creature, draw a card.
* After – After this creature attacks a creature, draw a card.
Hector, Prince of Troy
* Before – If any creatures in your void have blitz, flank, frontline, leech, overkill, protected, twin strike, or ward, gain those attributes.
* After – If any creatures in your void have blitz, flank, frontline, leech, protected, twin strike, or ward, gain those attributes.
* Before – All other friendly creatures have +2/+1.
* After – When you summon a creature, give it +1/+2.
* Before – Give a friendly creature attack +2, flank and twin strike. If it has hidden, give it an additional attack +1.
* After – Give a friendly creature attack +3. If it has hidden, give it flank.
Dust to Dust
* Before – Destroy all creatures with 3 or less health. For each creature destroyed, draw if it’s friendly, choose and discard if not.
* After – Destroy all creatures with 3 or less health.
* Before – Costs 2 more for each card in your hand. At the start of your turn, discard another card with the lowest cost or deal 2 damage to your god.
* After – At the start of your turn, your god takes 1 damage for every 2 cards in your hand.
Have a wonderful weekend!